Do you ever wonder what does a Financial Modeler do? Some of you might also want to become a successful Financial Modeler. So today, let us learn about Financial Modeling and Valuation, the scope of the Financial Modeling course,is Financial Modeling course useful, how long does it take to complete the Financial Modeling course, and what are the benefits of learning financial modeling. Are you excited? Let’s get started.
Let us start by understanding what is Financial Modeling and Valuation
- In simple terms, financial models are used to estimate the valuation of a business.
- It can also be used to compare businesses to their peers in the industry.
- Financial models are used in strategic planning to test various scenarios, estimate the cost of new projects, project the budgets, and accordingly allocate corporate resources.
The best financial models provide analysts with a set of basic assumptions. For instance, the majority of the organizations would be interested in forecasting sales growth. So here sales growth is recorded as an increase or decrease in the most recent quarter compared to previous quarters. These are the only inputs that are needed by a financial model to calculate the sales growth. In this case, the purpose of a financial model is to estimate the growth in sales if certain actions are conducted or if a possible event occurs.
So, let me ask you a very simple question? Before you undertake any project, how would you estimate the various costs, and how would you estimate the profits? Some of you might have guessed it correctly. Let me decode this for others. This is exactly where a financial model would help. Financial Analysts make use of such financial models to explain or anticipate the impact of events on a company’s stock that might be affected by internal and external factors like changes in strategy, a change in the business model, or changes in Economic policies or regulations.
Scope of Financial Modeling course:
- The scope of financial modeling is very broad as financial models are used for various purposes such as decisions related to mergers and acquisitions, budgeting, internal planning, capital raising, forecasting, investments, and valuations.
- The scope is further enhanced when certified professionals start performing sensitivity analysis, scenario analysis, capital projects, and return on investments. Such activities are usually performed by experts in private equity, investment banking, equity research, corporate development and, financial planning and analysis.
- If you are someone who is looking to build a career in the field of Finance, but not truly impressed by the mainstream jobs, then Financial Modeling as a course is definitely for you. It is different from the good old Accounting and Audit jobs.
- To pursue Financial Modeling, you will have to evaluate data and create financial models to make a forecast and kind of predict the movement of the market in the times to come.
- To conclude, financial models are built to highlight the performance of the company, which can be then used by financial analysts to identify the current challenges and provide solutions accordingly.
Is the Financial Modeling course useful? or What are the Benefits of learning financial modeling? Let’s find out.
- Financial modeling helps you stand out from the competition as it provides you with relevant and precise information about the industry.
- Financial modeling services are majorly data-oriented, which helps businesses to accurately analyze the data and thus results in effective decision making.
- The job opportunities are plenty once a candidate completes the financial modeling course as certified Financial Modelers are hired by many research firms, banks, financial institutes, insurance firms, and credit rating agencies. Data thus plays a very significant role in the business landscape, and the majority of the companies today understand the value of the data and have plenty of vacancies for certified Financial Modelers.
- Financial modeling skills are a must in today’s time where content data is the king. It is especially needed if you plan to build your career around equity research, investment banking, venture capital, commercial banking, real estate, etc.
- Financial modeling is one of the most promising careers for those who are curious to create financial models and are interested in the process of data analysis. From the above-mentioned points, we saw how important and useful is the Financial Modeling course, especially for those candidates who want to pursue something very different from the traditional accounting and auditing jobs.
You must be thinking: What is the Financial Modeling course duration?
- The Financial Modeling course duration is about 2 weeks. Yes, that’s correct. It takes just 14 days for you to master these skills. You will be taught the following:
- Excel tips and tricks
- Mergers & Acquisitions I & II
- Macros, Charting and, Project Finance
- Case studies on FMCG and Accenture
It is more suitable for those candidates who are very good in Mathematics, Economics, and Statistics. However, there is no such minimum qualification required and can be done by anyone and everyone. If you would like to know more about the batches and investments required for joining this course, you may contact our counselors, who would be more than happy to guide you at each step. We hope that this blog was pretty insightful for you. Are you ready to enhance your skills and make a transformation to a Certified Financial Modeler?