Why Digital Marketing course is trending and has so much demand? What topics are covered under the Digital Marketing course syllabus? Is Digital Marketing easy? Does digital marketing have a great future ahead? Hang on. Before we answer all these questions, let us understand what digital marketing is, and why do marketers prefer digital marketing today. Let us quickly get started.
In simple terms, digital marketing means achieving the marketing objectives through the application of digital media, data, and technology.
Let us now understand why digital marketing has a great future ahead:
- Traditional marketing has changed drastically in the past few years. It was earlier limited to just door-to-door and word-of-mouth publicity. With the changing times, people want everything at their fingertips, and the actual truth is that people have become lazy. As even the smallest thing can be found on the internet today, all the marketers are geared up to fulfill the needs of their customers online and have started following the digital marketing trend. This is the future, and digital is the new game.
- Digital marketing helps in targeting customers more precisely. Customers can now be targeted based on their interests, behaviour, and likes. This is because nowadays majority of the customers are more active on social media platforms, and it is the first thing they see when they wake up till the very last moment. Social media is here to stay and adds greater strength to the significance of digital marketing.
- Digital marketing is more cost-effective and gives instant and more accurate results. While running a billboard advertisement, one cannot estimate how many people stopped and watched that ad and the number of times the ad was seen. Another biggest limitation of traditional marketing is that there is no two-way communication. Customers feel more valued when they are also involved in the communication process. Running campaigns online is far more cost-effective than purchasing the physical ad space.
- Another reason people prefer digital marketing is also because the number of mobile users has grown significantly in the last few years. All thanks to the internet penetration. Undoubtedly mobile internet will be the next wave of information dissemination and will be the next communication channel as the use of internet-enabled devices has increased immensely.
- Digital marketing is quite a versatile field and requires truly little training. It is a field wherein there is something for everyone. You can build on existing skills and can acquire new skills. Another marketing trend that we need to keep an eye on in 2022 is marketing automation. Automation in marketing will be a norm which will help in saving time as the processes will now be automated.
- These are a few of the reasons why digital marketing has a great future and why marketers prefer digital channels over traditional marketing channels.
Let us now understand what topics are covered under the Digital Marketing course:
- You will be introduced to digital marketing, which is then followed by learning SEO. SEO stands for Search Engine Optimization and is a process that is used to improve the ranking in organic search results. It helps in bringing quality traffic as it is completely organic and quite different from running paid ads.
- The next topic which will be covered would be mobile marketing and optimization. Mobile marketing is used to promote products and services on mobile apps on mobile devices like smartphones.
- After this, you would be learning about PPC. PPC stands for pay per click and is an internet advertising model in which an advertiser pays the publisher only when the ad is clicked. Search Engine advertising is widely used and is one of the most popular forms of PPC.
- The next module would be on Social Media Marketing. Social Media Marketing uses social media and social networks to market a company’s product and services. Social media platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter are commonly used to execute social media marketing strategies.
- In the next module, you would be learning about Email marketing. Email marketing is used to send commercial messages to a group of people using email as a source. Every email sent to prospective clients as well as newly acquired clients can be termed email marketing.
- The next few modules would be based on marketing automation, affiliate marketing, funnel marketing and growth hacking, content marketing, and most importantly web analytics. Marketing automation is done by using software that helps in automating monotonous work and helps in saving time. Affiliate marketing is one of the most popular tactics used to drive sales and is a process by which a third party earns a commission for marketing someone else’s product or service.
- A marketing funnel is nothing but a process that describes the customer journey right from the awareness stage to the advocacy stage. Growth hacking refers to the process of using cost-effective digital marketing tactics which help to grow and retain an active user base, sell products, and is used to get exposure.
- Content marketing is a marketing technique that is used to create and distribute content across various social media platforms to attract and acquire new customers. CRO or Conversion Rate Optimization is a process that is focused on creating a positive user experience that inspires conversion.
- The most important module is the web analytics module, which helps in measuring the success of the campaign. It is a process to measure, collect, analyze, and report the data which is used in understanding and optimizing the web page.
Let us now answer the most frequently asked question, which is, is digital marketing easy?
- The truth is learning digital marketing and building a successful career around it is not at all difficult.
- All you need is a creative mindset, a strong internet connection, and staying up to date with the latest trends and social media platforms where the actual target audience spends time.
What are you waiting for? Book the next slot for counselling and join today! Happy learning.