Hey there! Welcome back again. In this blog, we will understand how to use Snapchat for businesses to stand out and show the brand’s playful side. We will also take up a case study to understand how Snickers used the Snapchat lens to reach 5.9 Million users. Let us quickly get started.
Let me start by asking you a very simple question. Did you know that if your business wants to connect and engage with people under the age of 35, then Snapchat is the best place for it? Let us quickly understand these essential Snapchat business tips.
Snapchat was introduced in 2011 and is still one of the top 15 most used social media platforms in the world. Impressive right? Even though Facebook, YouTube, and Instagram may report more users than Snapchat every month, using Snapchat can still be useful for brands that want to reach a new audience. You may wonder why? It is because there are nearly 319 million users that are active on Snapchat every day. In other words, there are millions of snaps created, sent, and seen every day.
One point to be noted here is that Snapchat may not always be the right platform for every business. If the following points resonate with your brand values, then considering Snapchat for marketing seems a wise decision.
- Engaging with a younger demographic: Data from Snapchat reveals that this social platform has the power to reach 75% of millennials and Gen Z. Thus, Snapchat is the place to be if your brand wants to engage with people under the age of 35. It has also been reported that users spend 30 mins a day on Snapchat on average.
- Getting users to interact with your brand: While using Snapchat, users are likely to discover new businesses. The current design connects users with brands via the discover icon on the extreme right of the home screen. This discover section lets Snap chatters see content made by brands. In 2021, 25 of Snapchat’s discover partners reached over 50 million unique Snapchat users around the world. To know the difference between reach and impressions, you must check out EduPristine’s digital marketing course.
- Let’s you stand out and portray your brand’s playful side: Snapchat is more about being authentic than being picture-perfect. It is designed to be casual and fun. Most of the features are about being light-hearted, creative, and some even silly. Snapchat recently introduced Converse Bitmoji so that brands and users could express themselves.
Apart from these benefits, Snapchat also allows brands to:
- Advertise on Snapchat through its Ads manager, just like Facebook.
- Age-targeting to reach the desired audience.
- Location-targeting to reach a niche target audience in a specific area.
- The first step is to let the target group know that you’re on Snapchat. This platform is different from Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram. Snapchat allows you to share a unique profile link that enables the customers to connect with your brand.
- Brands can also make use of a snap code which is like a badge that users can scan using their phone or a tablet. By scanning such codes, users can quickly and easily find your brand, which gives your brand added recognition. It also allows users to use the brand’s unique filters, content, and lenses.
- Snapchat’s AR (augmented reality) lenses allow users to experience the world differently. Over 800 million snappers engage with AR. Thus, creating a sponsored unique lens that reflects your brand can be an effective strategy for using Snapchat for marketing.
Let us understand this better with the help of a case study. This case study is about Snickers and how it leveraged its marketing efforts by using the Snapchat lens.
As we all know, Snickers is a popular chocolate bar manufactured by the American company Mars. This chocolate bar is well known for its nougat topped with peanut and caramel flavor. The brand was looking for innovative ways to diversify its consumer base. This led Snickers to collaborate with Snapchat.
Snickers then created a unique hungry face lens with the motive of creating a better brand recall. Taking this strategy forward, the brand wanted to reach more users and increase engagement. This is how they did it:
The brand made use of Snapchat’s lens as a fun way to connect and engage with its users. Demonstrating the user’s hungry face by using AR filters, the brand shared Snickers to make them happy. The brand also made use of commercials with Snapchat’s premium and non-skippable videos for delivering their core message with their tagline “Hungry? Grab a Snicker?” for a longer duration.
Snickers also utilized snap ads to optimize their targeting for creating awareness and delivering the brand’s messages across various demographics.
Curious to know the results? Overall, the brand saw a positive lift in awareness by 6 pts as the lens performed well with 5.9 million unique reach and 10.46 secs of average playtime.
If you also want to kickstart your career in digital marketing and wish to take your marketing strategy to a new level, then you must enroll in EduPristine’sdigital marketing course. The digital marketing course syllabuscovers important topics that teach how to develop and optimize marketing strategy, and how to convert traffic to leads by introducing concepts like CRO (Conversion Rate Optimization), Funnel Marketing, and Growth Hacking. To know more about thedigital marketing course details, feel free to get in touch with our counsellors, who would be more than happy to guide you. Happy learning, and start snapping. All the best!