Hey there! Ever wondered what is the main objective behind practicing digital marketing techniques? Digital marketing has now become a buzzword and is used very frequently in the industry. Let us understand why?
We will be covering in detail about why digital marketing tactics are performed and the number of benefits it has to offer. A Digital Marketing course is one such course that can be pursued by students and professionals from any field. Candidates are required to be keen on digital marketing and must be curious to find different ways to attract new customers, which helps in delivering better experiences, and in turn, ensures brand awareness and brand loyalty.
Digital marketing is nothing new, it is just an extension of marketing. Digital marketingis also called online marketing and includes various buckets like SEO (Search Engine Optimisation), SEM (Search Engine Marketing), PPC (Pay Per Click), Content Marketing, SMM (Social Media Management), and most importantly Analytics.
You must be wondering why digital marketing and not traditional marketing? It is because digital marketing is cost-effective and helps in detailed targeting. To achieve the marketing goals, brands must be on every platform where the target audiences are, and the content must be consistent on every platform. This is the key to enhancing awareness, and at the same time, helps in increasing engagement. Coming to traditional marketing, it is quite expensive and doesn’t help in detailed targeting. For example, brands will not be able to derive how many people saw an ad. The biggest limitation is that there is no two-way communication.
How many of us get up every morning and read newspapers? Hardly any of us, right? This is because the majority of us check social media immediately right after waking up. As per a survey done, it has been observed that 61% of users in India used the internet in 2021 compared to just 21% in the year 2017. This is further expected to grow, and hence Digital Marketing course is a must for all aspiring marketers.
Coming to the most frequently asked question, what is the objective of Digital Marketing?
1) Digital marketing helps in building a brand from scratch. Constructing a brand is not just about making the customers recall a brand, but it is more about gaining the customer’s trust, and that is exactly how well-known brands have become successful. The internet acts as a great medium that helps in direct communication with prospective customers. Social networking here becomes more useful as it helps businesses to build and publish directly.
2) Digital marketing also helps in generating revenue. Yes, not just the sales team is involved in generating revenues, but it is also the responsibility of marketers to create leads which creates an impact on the revenue. Increasing revenue and generating profits is the most important objective for all Digital Marketers. This can be done by combining SEO efforts and PPC Ads which helps in identifying and attracting potential clients. Proper strategies and tactics need to be developed for content marketing and social media marketing which are all important aspects for generating revenues.
3) The next very important objective of digital marketing is to boost SEO traffic and to reduce the cost of customer acquisition. Did you know that the ideal way to reduce the cost of acquiring new customers is by using digital marketing? Digital marketing helps in reaching many customers that too way faster than traditional marketing and at a much lesser cost. There are many benefits that brands can avail of by being on the top of the search engine results page. How to reduce various costs and acquire new customers by using white hat SEO techniques will be taught under theDigital Marketing course.
4) Not just by using SEO, Digital Marketers can also make use of various paid ads to run different kinds of promotions in a blink of an eye, which helps in getting traffic, and at the same time, helps in communicating the brand message and various offers. Paid ads or direct partnerships can also be done by contacting influencers, bloggers, etc.
5) Retaining existing customers is another objective of digital marketing. Apart from acquiring new customers, it is also very important to retain the existing customers. This is another practice to reduce the cost of acquiring new customers. If the existing customers are satisfied, then it helps in achieving customer delight, and in return, helps in referrals.
Digital marketing helps in achieving various objectives. The objectives need to be very clear, precise, calculable, achievable, appropriate, and must be time-bound. They should also be measurable, which helps in correcting mistakes and helps in optimizing campaigns.
There are many best online Digital Marketing courses that are available. Digital Marketing course in India is becoming more and more popular among millennials and help various professionals make a career shift from sales to marketing. Candidates from all backgrounds can pursue the digital marketing course.
EduPristine is one such leading institute that provides Digital Marketing courses in Mumbai. The focus is not just on learning but also on students’ success. EduPristine has a separate career services team that helps students with various job opportunities post completion of the course. Complimentary training is also provided on Soft Skills, which is a must for all professionals. It covers various important topics like interpersonal communication, SWOT analysis, how to crack an interview, etc., which helps in entering the corporate world. To know more, you can reach out to our counsellors, who would be more than happy to assist you and help you make the right decision. All the best and happy learning.