A Certified Public Accountant (CPA) is the highest standard of competence in the field of Accountancy across the globe. The exam is administered by the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants (AICPA), which is the world’s largest accounting body. If you ever consider a career in accounting and want an illustrious career, CPA Course is the best option for you. CPAs are globally recognized as premier accountants and are hired across industries throughout the world.
CPA Course Eligibility
In order to appear for the Certified Public Accountant Examination, the candidates must have any of the below qualification
- Member of the Institute of Chartered Accountants of India.
- Member of the Institute of Cost and Works Accountants in India.
- Member of the Company Secretaries in India.
- Master of Commerce
Indian CA’s with B.Com are also accepted by quite a few states in the US. However, the exact criteria will vary from State to State You can get in touch with EduPristine CPA Course , a recognized training provider in association with Becker for further details.
CPA Course Syllabus
CPA exam syllabus is broken down into 4 sections. Each of these sections have their own syllabus and exam which you need to be proficient in. The 4 sections of the CPA exam are as follows:
- Auditing and Attestation (AUD),
- Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)
- Regulation (REG),
- Business Environment Concepts (BEC)
Here is the direct links to download the AICPA revised new syllabus 2016 Huge number of aspirants are preparing for the Certified Public Accountant (CPA) in various countries. The CPA exam question paper covers multiple choice questions, written communication and task based simulations. Candidates need to concentrate more on exam content provided by Becker to score more marks in the examination.
CPA Course Benefits
The CPA course is considered as the ultimate qualification that has unlimited possibilities to show your potential in the accounting field. Listed below are the detailed benefits of CPA course.
- International Recognition: Excellent opportunity for CA, ICWA, CS, LLB, MBA (Finance), M.com and Commerce Graduates who aspire for an International Certification. The exam is administered by the AICPA, which is the world’s largest accounting body.
- Careers Opportunities: After passing the CPA exam candidates start their career with accounting & Auditing Firms, Research firms, Investments banks, Hedge Funds, Private equity firms, Commercial banks, Mutual funds, Merger & Acquisition etc.
- Flexibility & Ease: It’s a Single Level Online exam with just 4 Papers; one can easily clear the exams in less than a year.
- Must do for CA, M.Com and Commerce Graduates: There are very few International certifications that you can give along with our job and get such high job potential.
- Academic Excellence: A CPA qualification is similar to the Indian CA qualification. In addition to the CA qualification, a CPA will have knowledge of US GAAP, GAAS and US federal taxation and business laws. This gives a great advantage to a CPA when working with US Based Financial firms or Indian firms working for US clients.
CPA Exam application process and fees
Sometimes, the most tedious part of writing an exam is not the study but the application process! Application for the CPA exam is a different process from applying for a CPA license. Once you have cleared the uniform CPA exam with a minimum passing score of 75, you are eligible for a license as a CPA and can start the application process for a CPA license.
Once you have analyzed the minimum eligibility criteria for the jurisdiction you wish to apply for, you need to pay the CPA application and examination fees. The CPA application fees should be submitted with the application and the other required documents.
CPA Course Exam and pass rates
CPA exams consist of following four parts that take a total of 14 hours to be completed.
|CPA Exam||Time Taken||Question|
|Auditing and Attestation (AUD)||4 Hours||90 questions and 7 task-based simulations|
|Business Environment and Concepts (BEC)||3 Hours||72 questions and 3 written communications tasks|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)||4 Hours||90 questions and 7 task-based simulations|
|Regulation (REG)||3 Hours||72 questions and 6 task-based simulations|
The CPA exam scoring is done on an independent basis for every candidate. With this kind of scoring pattern, the candidate is adjudged on the grounds of knowledge levels, skills, and analytic approach. Over the years, the number of CPAs has been on the rise. Here’s a table that gives overall CPA Exam pass rates section wise, for section wise analysis go to
|CPA Exam pass rates for the year 2015|
|Auditing and Attestation(AUD)||45||49||48||47||47|
|Business Environment and Concepts (BEC)||53||58||59||55||56|
|Financial Accounting and Reporting (FAR)||44||49||50||43||47|
The difficulties and challenges you face to be a CPA are all paid off once it is attained. CPAs are in demand in every industry because of the extensive knowledge and high professional standards that a CPA has to maintain.
If you have finalized your goal of attaining the CPA License, the next step is to enroll in a good institution that provides training for CPA and you don’t need too far to search for it. EduPristine provides training for the CPA certification that will help you to clear the CPA exams easily. So wait no more and enroll now.